Sustainable Development Solutions Network, July 2020
The Sustainable Development Report 2020 presents the SDG Index and Dashboards for all UN member states and frames the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in terms of six broad transformations. It was prepared by teams of independent experts at the Sustainable Development Solutions Network (SDSN) and the Bertelsmann Stiftung.
Highlights from the executive summary:
- Covid-19 has severe negative impacts on most SDGs.
- All countries need to strengthen the resilience of their health systems and prevention programs
- The SDGs and the Six SDG Transformations can inform the recovery from Covid-19.
- Asian countries have progressed most on the SDGs since their adoption in 2015. Asian countries have also responded most effectively to the Covid-19 outbreak.
- Solidarity and partnerships are critical to address and prevent health, economic, and humanitarian crises.
- Data gaps and time lags in official statistics require urgent investments in statistical capacity and increased coordination between governments and the private sector.
Explore the data from the Sustainable Development Report 2020 in the interactive dashboards by clicking here.